View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
Can ntos progress to vtos or are they really separate things?
I don't really think of it as progression. There are three rope-like things going through a small space. The rope like things being the artery, the vein and the nerve. The compression in the area can easily cause any combination of the three to become compressed. The way you move, how much damage is done by the way you move, and other factors determines your symptoms but I don't really think it's too difficult for other things to get compressed once one is. However, nerves tend to be highly sensitive and it only takes a little to get them good and ticked off. That's why so many people have NTOS but not V or A TOS. I don't know how common it is to have A or V TOS without NTOS but it is very common to have NTOS without A or V because those take real, physical compression and not just rubbing it the wrong way.
So, to answer your question, over time you can end up with VTOS and not just NTOS because scar tissue can develop, more swelling, and a change in body mechanics that can cause VTOS but it's not really a "progression" in that, if you wait too long it's going to turn into something else.
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote