View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tos

Good morning everyone:
I have been diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome (right side) with radiating pain to the left side, upper back and lower back as a result of a Whiplash injury of the neck (with branch nerve injury, disc c4-c5) as a result of a car accident where I was hit from behind with significant force. I also am diagnosed with dysphagia and neurophatic pain. I injured my Larynx and Esophagus in the same area of the neck.

I am the perfect recipe for disaster:
1) I am in my mid 40's
2) I am a woman
3) the impact was with significant force (70 km/h)
4) I stopped due to a car stopped in front of me, both hands on the wheel, my head looking at my left side mirrors when the impact happened.
5) I am intolerant to opiates and painkillers

I had to wear 8 weeks of physiotherapy tapes
I had to go to physio 2 a week for the first year, 1 a week for the second year, 3 times a month for the third year.

My condition plateaud when 6 months after the accident and I have never improved

I have 3 types of pain
1) Nerve pain
2) disc pain
3) soft tissue pain (horrible stifness in my neck, shoulders, upper back, center of my back down my spine to my lower back, 24/7

Treatment:
I have been treated with Lyrica (stopped using too drowsy)
t3'S (down to one a day due to intolerance)
Flexerel to relax the muscles at night, thus to be able to sleep
Nabilone which is synthetic THC and works wonders to help relax my core.

In the past 6 months I have experienced increased sadness and awareness of my condition.

Although I went to hundreds of physios, massage therapy and excercise daily and eat healthy, I am still suffering from the TOS which is horrible pain

I am affraid of reinjuring myself by accident due to the siliest things could exacerbate my pain or flare up
the weather makes it worse if its foggy or rainy and cold.

The sun if is too hot makes it worse

relief: Pain clinic shots (steroids, topical) , physio, meds (OC)

makes it worse: physical activity such gardening, sweep like movements with my right hand, computer work, stress, weather, and so on..

is there anything else I could do to get help?