View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH Advocate View Post
Treatment:
I have been treated with Lyrica (stopped using too drowsy)
t3'S (down to one a day due to intolerance)
Flexerel to relax the muscles at night, thus to be able to sleep
Nabilone which is synthetic THC and works wonders to help relax my core.

In the past 6 months I have experienced increased sadness and awareness of my condition.

Although I went to hundreds of physios, massage therapy and excercise daily and eat healthy, I am still suffering from the TOS which is horrible pain

I am affraid of reinjuring myself by accident due to the siliest things could exacerbate my pain or flare up
the weather makes it worse if its foggy or rainy and cold.

The sun if is too hot makes it worse

relief: Pain clinic shots (steroids, topical) , physio, meds (OC)

makes it worse: physical activity such gardening, sweep like movements with my right hand, computer work, stress, weather, and so on..

is there anything else I could do to get help?
I had relief with Lyrica but side effects. Neurontin (Gabapentin) has given me similar relief without side effects.

Cymbalta is another drug that can help although I had side effects. I now take Pamelor (Nortripyline). Elavil (Amitriptyline) is another drug (but older) in the same family. These are antidepressents that have been found to treat pain as well. They could also help your mood.

Flexeril worked for me a while but eventually I built up a tolerance to just about every muscle relaxer out there. The anxialitic drugs seem to be more effective: Valium, Ativan, etc (I'm on Valium).

If physical therapy makes you worse, stop. Don't do exercises that aggravate you. Don't be afraid to find another therapist, one experienced in treating TOS. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172617

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11