View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sue,

I basically answered this post when I answered your other one except for this one question.

<<If that part of the root that has bone loss and is completely free from infection would they be able to place bone graft in that site to reattach onto that side of the root? Or is extraction inevitable?>>

IT MAY BE BEST TO LET THIS HEAL FOR A FEW MONTHS (PROVIDING NOTHING NEGATIVE DEVELOPS THERE) AND SEE IF YOU GET ANY REATTACHMENT OF TISSUE. IF YOU DO, THEN THE POCKET WOULD BE REDUCED BUT SO MAY YOUR GUM LINE. SO TO PLACE BONE GRAFT THERE NOW MAY JUST DISTURB THE HEALING FROM THE PERIO TREATMENT THAT SHE DID. THEN AGAIN, IT DEPENDS ON WHAT TREATMENT SHE ACTUALLY DID. IF IT WERE LASER, THEN IT IS BEST TO NOT DISTURB IT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

Do you have generalized periodontal disease?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
Hi Bryana,

My one of my front (upper) top tooth had a 6mm pocket and I was on antibiotic for several months to try and clear it up to no avail.

The new periodentist said she did a thorough clean uo on the root of the tooth, scaled it well and told me to stop the antibiotics as I won't need them any longer.

There was a 6mm pocket along one side of the tooth (full of stuff) and she managed to get up to 8mm feeling confident she cleared all the infection that had gathered there. All signed of infection cleared up immediately, and three weeks on all is good.

She said there was some chance this tooth could be saved if I follow her health plan as there is no bone loss on the other side of that tooth at this point.

No root canal issues were present.

The implantologists on the other hand thought that tooth should be removed and when I told him what his periodentist said, he was happy to take he analysis on board and not extract at this point.

What do you think the chances are?
If that part of the root that has bone loss and is completely free from infection would they be able to place bone graft in that site to reattach onto that side of the root? Or is extraction inevitable?

Thank you for all your honest comments, I and all the other posters appreciate it
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote