View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update: So after a week of this insanity it started making me feel like things were crawling all over my skin, keeping me from sitting still for even two seconds! The dizziness/ sleep deprivation/ not eating / and sudden leg jerks had caused me to miss several days of work for fear of driving. After this, I was ready to call the doctor and get some help. Before i could pick up the phone to call my neurologist, I get this stabbing exploding pressurization headache in the base of my skull. I couldn't talk, breathe, move, and the pain was radiating down my neck and into my spine... Seriously, how could discontinuing Cymbalta do that?! It felt like I was being stabbed and shocked at the same time. Thanks to my amazing boyfriend, one trip to the ER, some painkiller, some steroids, and some Effexor (a similar drug to Cymbalta and in the same class) and I am 100% after only one day. Amazing what putting the same type of drug into you will do... Scary but I'm willing to keep taking Effexor just so none of this withdrawal nonsense happens again!
ViolinAddict is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote