View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question unable to sit nothing helps any suggestions?

Thank you for being here! I have had the symptom of sciatica since last June and have had 2 epidurals, burning of the nerves, S-I joint injections, and piriformis injection and some trigger points done.
My MRI done over 2 years ago showed moderate to severe facet disease. Overall my function is better and I am stronger due to having physical therapy and sticking to it no matter how it hurt.

But the burning in my rear keeps my from sitting. Also, I cannot lean over from a standing position, I have to drop to my knees. I lean over a big ball, stand, walk around or lay on my stomach to relax. In social situations I have to get up and down, and travel is impossible. I take anti-inflammatories, topamax, and rub on voltaren gel and sometimes use lidoderm. I do not tolerate narcotics and lots or other meds due to migraines. Is there anything left. I am skinny so that helps with the standing, but my knees are starting to hurt with all the kneeling. Is there anything left to do besides alternatives like chiro, yogo etc?? thank you so much!!! One more thing I have a TENS, I have developed an allergy to the patches, they are sending me hypoallergenic ones, thanks again!
ska1969 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote