View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Newly diagnosed and having a hard time processing.

I've been having chronic pain for the past several years though I'm only 25. Fibro had been tossed around as a diagnosis a few times but, to be honest, it never fit right until recently. It always felt like it was something different- and I was right. I have thoracic outlet syndrome and ehlers-danlos syndrome. In January, I had surgery to remove my two upper ribs and 2/3 of the scalene muscles in my neck and though some of my symptoms have gotten better, some have gotten far worse and I've gotten new symptoms altogether. I think the physical trauma either triggered the fibro or worsened it.
My pain isn't just in the TOS area, it's everywhere. Sometimes nervy, always achy, but everywhere.
I was at my wit's end before with the pain, but now the fatigue and lack of concentration... I think that's the worst part of it. I a completely useless. I can't function. It's so bad I called my rheumo today and begged an appointment tomorrow. My symptoms are out of control and I'm not on any meds. I'm desperately hoping they can help tomorrow but I'm so new to all of this and, I'm a breastfeeding mom. Is there help for me? Or do I need to wean? :-(
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (04-17-2013)