View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update!

Hi Bryanna

Thank you for your kind reply.

I had the impacted wisdom tooth extraction 2 days ago, under local anaesthetic. The root had connected with the sinus cavity (I think she said it was a small perforation). I have stitches, and didn't have excessive bleeding from the mouth, but am coughing up phlegm that is coloured red. Is this to be expected?

I have to not blow my nose for a month, when I return to have it checked out.

Incidentally, the tooth was not decayed, but had a hole from resorption, she told me the body was trying to absorb the tooth internally. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help again

Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Lynne,

Do not put this off. There is a problem with the wisdom tooth that is or will cause a problem with the second molar.

I am re-posting from our other conversation here:

<<My question is - have you ever heard of an unerupted wisdom tooth having a hole/infection in it - how does that happen if it hasn't come through?!!!>>

YES. IRRELEVANT OF WHETHER THE WISDOM TOOTH COMES THROUGH THE BONE AND GUM OR NOT DOES NOT ALTER THE FACT THAT WISDOM TEETH DO NOT ALWAYS FORM COMPLETELY. THE DEFORMITY COULD BE WHAT THEY ARE REFERRING TO AS THE HOLE IN THE TOOTH. OR... BACTERIA HAS ACCUMULATED IN BETWEEN THE WISDOM TOOTH AND SECOND MOLAR AND ACTUALLY CAUSED TOOTH DECAY IN THE WISDOM TOOTH. THIS WOULD CAUSE AN INFECTION TO START BREWING AND IT IS IMPERATIVE TO HAVE THE TOOTH REMOVED.

ALSO, IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO HAVE REFERRED PAIN FROM THIS SORT OF SITUATION. HOPEFULLY THE PROBLEM IS ISOLATED TO JUST THE WISDOM TOOTH. WHEN THEY REMOVE IT, THEY WILL HAVE A BETTER LOOK AT THE SECOND MOLAR.

Lynne, a hole in a tooth is decay. Decay is the rotting of tooth structure and it is bacterial which means yes, you have infection in that wisdom tooth. It is not wise to put this off because sooner than later the bacteria will spread, the area will become very inflamed and you will end up with an emergency situation.

I know you are concerned about the healing due to your osteo..... it will heal better if you get it done before it spreads any further.

I don't know what nutritional supplements you take but these will help in the healing process. I will tell you what brands I personally use and recommend to patients because the I believe the quality is superb. I have no affiliation with these companies and of course you can use whatever you want to.......

Vitamin C ... called "Potent C Guard Powder by Perque".
Magnesium....called "Magnesium Plus Guard Perque".
Vitamin D3 ... called "Bio D Mulsion Forte by Biotics Research".
Calcium.... called "Calcium D-Glucarate by Life Extension".
Vitamin K.... called "Full Spectrum Vitamin K by NutriCology".
Probiotics.... I use Culturelle but Kyo-dophilus is another good one.

It is important to use nutritional supplements synergistic-ally... meaning take together the ones that compliment each other for the full benefit and to ensure that you are not causing an imbalance by taking one without the other. These all work synergistic-ally and help with the rebuilding of bone.

If you have any other questions.... feel free to stop by and ask
You will be okay after this is over .... just please follow through with it.

Bryanna
Lynney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote