View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Thumbs Up Poetry groups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
way generous of you to share your work and yourself.
I know the last poem you posted was my fav. love it it is soooo true many of the words. I too am a published poet gald to meet you.
do you belong to any writing group or poetry groups? have you ever gone to a poetry slam or done any reading at open mic??????
I have been saying for a long long time that writing and music are my coping skills so we have a few things in common in that respect.
anyways it is great to meet you and even greater that you posted and shared with all of us. THANKYOU, Many blessings and happy to hear you have made it 7 yrs sober may you have 127 more years of sober .
Peace Peace
BMW....Tina
I don't belong to any groups or anything for my poetry.I just started entering them into contests online,and got some of them copyrighted,and some were chosen for publication.But the website that I entered them on,is a total scam for people that don't really have talent also.It's poetry.com--they'll tell people that send the worse poem in that they won this great award,but it costs like over $150.00 for processing fee's,and these people want to believe that thier great,and have that trophy to show others,so they'll pay the money! I think it's wrong! So I'm just turning the tables and using thier website to copyright my poetry for free!lol...But it is really sad what they're doing to these others that really don't have the gift,and these guys are convincing them they do,and just humiliating them.Anytime they ask,"What you want engraved on your trophy?"LOL....that's a sure sign that you didn't earn it!But the contest are free,so what the hell?And my poems that are being published,I won't get any royalties out of it,they will,but I don't mind,I'm just happy to share,and it's good advertising to get my name out there! But I've never really heard about groups and stuff,never really looked actually.But it sounds interesting.I wouldn't mind being a part of a poetry group! And my music,oh,love,I play the piano,and the trumpet I played for 7-8 years,but haven't played for awhile.And I sing. That's cool we both have the same passions for coping skills,awesome!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote