View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosed with Epilepsy @ 5 weeks old

Our son was diagnosed at 5 weeks of age. He was having many different types of seizures but some would stop him from breathing, they are/were very scary! I HATE them. All test are normal so far, (metabolic, structural etc) we have no explanation. He is now 9 months old and his seizures are now controlled by Keppra 2.5 ml x2 a day, he was started on phenobarbital and clobazam (which are horrible!!!!!). We only see seizures now if he becomes sick from flu or something like that.

We did a video EEG a month ago and his neurologist said she didn't see any seizure activity but that frequently throughout the day his brain waves slow down so much it's as if he's in a deep sleep. We got no explanation of why this is happening or what it means for him. Does anyone know of this? I would really like some info on what this could mean. Any thoughts would be great!

***Also, if there are any parents out there with questions, please feel free to ask me ANYTHING! This was a very scary journey for us and months in hospital. I am happy to help anyone going through this as I know how scary and difficult it is and how it affects your entire family. Please, don't hesitate!

if you want to keep it private..pm me or email me @ calidawnia@gmail.com

Sincerely, Callie
cali4nia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote