View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalodonbite View Post
Hey everyone, thank you all SO much for thinking of me and your support! Got home from hospital last night and surgery went well. Doc said the protrusion was pretty significant so I'm glad that I made this decision. Its great to be home finally and in my own bed. Nights seem to be the worst time for me...very painful. I don't know what I would do without the Percocet. When the painkillers are working I feel pretty good but without them, its excruciating...then again this is only day three. I am pretty upwardly mobile though. Can take walks with no problem and do most things on my own. The neck brace is quite annoying but makes me feel a lot more stable. I feel like I will break like a twig when its off although that may be more psychological. Overall, I guess I'm progressing pretty well. Sore throat absolutely sucks but I'm able to eat normally etc. How is everyone else feeling?
Hi Dave --glad you posted. I was able to eat as well-- but throat was sore first week. Sleeping good takes some time---night is always the worst. I had this love/hate relationship with the neck brace its nice for the support but gets annoying as well. Before surgery I felt very unstable like my neck was going to snap off --lol---after i felt more secure. The walks help alot --this surgery sucks your energy level to zero plus i had really tight traps-- the walking helped alot to loosen them up. Glad to hear your doing pretty well--keep me updated. Im sure your happy the worst part is over and your on the mend now
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ChelKB (04-17-2013)