View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurell View Post
I know it was taken off the list so I tried to word my comment carefully. Given the details of my history, I'm convinced that it was a factor for me. Of course, I might be wrong, but in view of my experience and family history I suspect that for a few genetically susceptible individuals the risk that modest consumption of alcohol poses for the nerves might be underestimated. Much as I'd like to have an occasional glass of wine, I have given up drinking alcohol altogether. I wonder if there might be a difference in regard to alcohol sensitivity between the different types of CMT. Do you happen to know of any research on the topic and/or the background of the decision to remove alcohol from the list? Also, in view of what Mrs. D. said, the particular type of alcohol (red wine) and/or B1 status might have been factor(s) for me.
They tell you to consult your physician concerning alcohol and your particular situation. Everyone is different. They do update the list often. They encourage people to contact them. Alcohol was taken off the list in July of 2004.

Sensorimotor axonal polyneuropathy seems to be what you have posted. There doesn't appear to be a definite diagnosis of CMT. Correct?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 04-17-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote