View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takinxanax View Post
I've recently come to terms with the fact that my husband of 20 years has always had effects from an old TBI. It has been a frustrating marriage! I feel like I wasted my life. When I think about leaving I feel so much grief but I don't know what else to do because it's not a happy situation. We didn't have children and we are kind of isolated because all he wants to do is go to work-which I'm grateful he can still do. Please don't tell me to take care of myself or join clubs. Been there..done that. I am talking about the searing grief of being 56 and feeling alone and wondering if it's too late to have a good life. Can't really make a move until grief is a little better under control, you know, not so overwhelming.
No I dont think its too late to have a good life. I read what you been thru and knowing your life isnt going to change until you decide to make the move. My guess is another factor is your concern is who will now take care of him? I admire you for all the things you have done but I know what its like to feel suffocated when your with someone you love --but your not in love with anymore. Its very difficult. I know for me it came down to is its never going to change and if I want it too --I would have to be the one to leave. I wish you all the best!!
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-30-2015), eva5667faliure (04-24-2013), Mark56 (05-04-2013), PamelaJune (05-24-2014)