View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks guys

I'm doing ok at the moment. I took off my lidocaine patch at 12, and the pain has been worsening since. I did the lukewarm epsoms footbath about an hour ago, and although it was painful to start with, and definitely not fun getting my foot out of the water and into a towel......it's not been too bad since, and I've kept my foot moving against the end of the sofa so it doesn't just sit and burn. Problem is that if I stop moving it, it does burn up badly, so I probably look a bit mad! I certainly feel it

I've found that the elevating does help a bit too, but if I stop moving it, things go bad quickly. It's putting my foot to the floor that's bad when it's like this, feels like its going to burst, eek. Why are evenings so awful?

I've been reading up and am seriously thinking about going back on a med, probably Lyrica as it seems to be associated with less side-effects, gets absorbed by the body quicker, and is used by your body more than Gabapentin. I had bad gastric issues with Gabapentin, so I'm not keen to go back there... What do you think?

Thanks so much for the support. I hate the CRPS in my knee, but this is terrible in my foot and I'm hating it so much. I had a quote today for a stairlift. I'm 42. Good grief....

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (04-17-2013), Djhasty (04-17-2013)