View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Alcoholic with PTSD - heral/supplement remedies for anxiety?

Greetings. I am new to this site. Please help if you can.

I am an alcoholic with PTSD who is nearing the end of self-executed detox. Have given this a go a couple of previous times. Cold turkey nearly killed me. Weaning worked once previously, and is working again now. My health is rough at the moment, however, I come from a fit background, which I suspect has allowed me to survive all this (hopefully).

I am using a vitamin regimen, and I reckon I only have another day or two of weaning and I'm off the booze. My blood pressure is dropping, and I've started walking. However, I was at the edge a few days ago. My stomach is a mess, etc. Yes, I am seeking medical help, as well as therapy.

I am seeking an herbal or supplement regimen that will deal with my anxiety and fears. I feel a certain way as the alcohol is leaving my body and it leads to panic attacks, which drive up my blood pressure, and things enter a cycle.

I have been told that essence of Star of Bethlehem is very effective. Can anyone share with me other effective anti-anxiety tools in the non-prescription arena. I'm anxious to find something that reacts quickly.

Thank you,

Joe