View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:06 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Thumbs Down You're Right "LDS"....

You got it right,it was the LDS Church! Because of the harm they caused my life,they meaning certain church authority members,and my Mom,and brother,I am not LDS.I got out as soon as I could get away from my Mom's control.She told me beliefs that they had that other members have told me are not true.She would make me go to church even when I was sick.Once I got grounded, because an Ambulance had to be called and rush me to the hospital from church.Her reasoning was because I caused a scene,and was irreverent in church that day! It wasn't my fault I stopped breathing,I told her I was sick,and couldn't go in the first place,and she still made me go.I won't get into the main reason behind my hatred for that church,because not all LDS members are bad,in fact,some of my really good friends are LDS.I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if anyone here is LDS.I was baptised as a non-denominal Christian in the late 90's in California.I had been attending the North Coast Calvary Chapel in Carlsbad/La Costa,CA Now I do not attend any religion at all,the only one that even comes close to what I believe in,is Buddhism. I believe that God is more of an essence,then an actual being,like all things that are good and beautiful,like love,and happiness,just all that is positive in everything in life,and after.Enlightenment.That's just what I believe.But I still believe you can pray,and it will be heard. I just want to feel better,but there are so many out there that are worse off than me,that it would be selfish to ask for that,unless I'm asking for the others to feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneRogue420 View Post
Hi Justice I can't help but notice that you are in Utah... did you grow up LDS? I can also fully understand you're not wanting to be there, lol.... I went to a boarding school in Utah. I much prefer San Diego too...I'm an O.B. woman!

I gave up on religion many moons ago. I am a very spiritual person, though. Your relationship with God is personal, and you really don't need any person to lead you to Him. Ministers etc. are human, with human motivations like greed, envy and lust. They may not mean to, but they cannot help but insert their personal foibles into their teachings.

Yes, I do firmly believe that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. The problem is that WE seldom know what we can handle till it slaps us in the face, lol. I have had rsd/crps for 14 years now, hiv/aids for 8, and was diagnosed with epilepsy this year. If someone had ever told me I'd get all these diseases and be able to handle it, I'd have laughed at them and said "not me, no way... I'd kill myself first". Well, I'm still here, even if I'm not always sure why.

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote