View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Burning pain ...

Oh Bram ... I am so sorry for your terrible pain. I do understand. I cried when I read your post. You wrote with such emotion that I couldn't help but feel your pain too. Oh how I hate this disease!

My CRPS started in my left foot and eventually landed in my right foot. The burning pain is unbearable. Honestly, I used to ice my feet until I learned on this forum that CRPS patients should not use ice. I wonder though if you couldn't cool the temperature of the soaks you are using to slightly cooler than room temperature. I don't mean supper cool but enough to at least sooth your poor feet.

I also use a ketamine clonidine gabapentin lidocaine etc combo lotion when the burners are turned on in my feet. My Doctor prescribed it. It is a special formulary/mixture. The Doctor's office took care of contacting the pharmacy: Sheffeld Pharmacy and Homecare DNA Sheffeld Expert Compounding, 500 S. Montgomery Ave. Ste 108, Sheffeld AL 35660, 855-381-8466. I use it when desperate. I am rationing it because my insurance just changed. It helps. Typically I don't notice a difference right away, but I always fall asleep. When I wake I am better. Usually I have residual pain but nothing like when it is at its peek.

I don't wear shoes when my feet are on fire. I wear Nufoot slippers if I go out. These do not have a hard sole though. They work for me because I am in a chair if I leave the condo. I don't need a hard sole when I am in my chair. http://www.amazon.com/Nufoot-Womens-...JCTJSR0D&psc=1

Suicide ... damn! Please put that thought out of your mind, even for later when.... I've been reading your responses to the postings. This one just got right past me. I think you should share this with your Doctor. If you can't, then you need a new Doctor. If you try the Lyrica again, perhaps it will help your mood too. It is an antidepressant but also used to treat pain. I know you prefer to endure CRPS without, but it might help too.

I feel so sorry. I wish there was something we could do to help immediately. I know you where/are desperate for pain relief. I am frequently on throughout the night because I do not sleep well. At night is when I read these updates. Please contact me anytime if you need to talk.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mcfly (04-21-2013)