View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni-lynne View Post
Hi Marie sorry to hear about all of this I am also on lyrica now for 1 yr for nerve neuropathy from my neck down both arms to hands and down to my waist, My dosage is 450mg a day I started out on a very low dose and went up over 4 months to get to this dosage it started to help almost right away. I am not gaining weight but nor am I losing even after being on a diet of only 800 cal a day for the last few mnths I also take cymbalta witch can make you gain aswell. The side effects of the lyrica were bad at first I did't know if I would be able to stay on them but the awful feelings left after about 3mos Im glad I stayed with it because the benefit has been exellent. I hope you do well because I know this pain is awful and debillatating . I hope I have been of some help.
I have small fiber neuropathy and awful pain all over. I started lyrica originally and after a few weeks stopped because at the time, I thought it was causing involuntary muscle jerks all over my body. I switched, and have been taking gabapentin for the last 4 months, up at 2700mg. I am now weaning off of it because it does not help. I am about to re-try lyrica, the muscle jerks have continued throughout so clearly not from the original doses of lyrica. I did not experience other bad symptoms, and did not gain weight on either drug, tho they both warned of it. my mother is on lyrica and swears by it. She did not gain weight and is at the 300mg level. She has taken it for several years. I am worried about side effects but if it will alleviate some pain, I plan to really try to tough it out for a few months before giving up. My doctor said try to fight through side effects for a while before deciding its not right.
SFNgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote