View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I cancelled my surgery that was scheduled for today and went and got another opinion. This surgeon said essentially everything everyone has done (or actually not done) over the last 12 weeks has been a waste of time and really screwed me. He was horrified at the lack of diagnostic abilities, poor treatments and inadequate tests that were run. This guy has some good experience with TOS and we are going to do another venogram, but this time using a small camera to see what kind of shape my vein is in. My surgeon is actually going to be there to make sure they don't screw this one up. After he see what's going on, we will look at interventions.

FWIW......He stated stents should never be used for these procedures as they almost always fail (even after decompression). For those with docs that are not listening to you.......MAKE THEM LISTEN OR FIND ANOTHER DOC!! According to my surgeon, the longer this is put off, the more damage can happen in the vein. I have been out of work for 12 weeks for nothing. I am getting ready to lose my job and insurance because of improper diagnosis and treatments. Do not let this happen to you!
pinetopfirefighter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote