View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Scs day #2

Thanks for the well wishes. Day #2 another winner. Probably on my feet 6-7 hours without "flare" and covering a few miles. The buzzing still fatiguing, but much less so than the burn. Wife says that my legs looked better perfused / healthier. Hard to explain to my seven year old son why i have wires in my back and why i must avoid water rides and jarring roller coasters. Disneyland is an interesting venue for a trial run. Many individuals here with disabilities of various kinds. Among others, I have spotted a few men about 5 or 10 yrs younger than me with prosthetics- likely IED victims. Gives you some frame of reference - it's not easy to be downgraded from athlete to chronically ill, but there are those facing greater challenges out there. Although I have an "invisible illness" at least I have the ability to keep it that way for the time being. If the permanent implant works, will be a blessing to not feel right on the edge at work. I have made it through every day thus far providing good care and without complications, but every day I worry. This may give me breathing room. The necessary disclosure of aspects of my situation for a permanent - it's going to blow my department director's mind. But, like Marc56, i am good at what I do. Determined not to touch that disability policy unless I must.
MDinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-18-2013), Kort Jester (04-18-2013), Mark56 (04-18-2013), Rrae (04-21-2013)