View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Continuing health problems after tooth extraction

Hello,
I'm a new member and am hoping to find information and guidance regarding longstanding dental problems. About 2.5years ago I had my two front teeth extracted after years of problems with an old root canal on the rt front. It had abscessed again and was surgically treated. I kept having slight pain in that tooth, so I had both front root canal treated teeth extracted, hoping to fix all my problems.

It seems that since that time, my health has continued to deteriorate. I have continual sinus infections, intermittant stiffness in my neck, swelling in sinus cavaties.

I had the extraction done by my general dentist, and now I'm wondering if I should have consult an oral surgeon and ent together. I continue to have sinus problems, mostly on the right where my initial root canal had been. Some bone loss was discovered after the extraction and a bone graft done, but no sinus work.

I've been to three ent's n the last year who just send me home with allergy meds and nasal steroids to control the inflammation even though I mention my past dental
history.

Occasionally I get flare ups of pimple like sores on my rt nostril and area just below my nose.

Has anyone had any experience with this or can further advise me?
Thank you.
RMB0118 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote