View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default @ JoeP148

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP148 View Post
Mega,

I'm curious why you are going for ACDF over ADR, I have muscle weakness due to nerve damage, if I had to do surgery, which I hope I dont I'd go for ADR.
I went for the ADR initially but the insurance wouldn't cover it because I have another herniated disc at C5-C6 (without nerve compression). Insurance company claims that ADR is not effective for two levels if the other nerve gets compressed in the future and they have to do it again...guess they don't want to just throw an artificial disc in the trash after paying so much for it. So they just did the ACDF one level with hope that the other one won't protrude.

Had another pretty bad night last night. Nights and early mornings seem to be the worst. I do not take the Percocet during overnight hours in order to give my body time away from them. Then I wake up in the morning feeling like I just got ran over by a Mack Truck...whole body hurts and I can barely swallow. It sucks but I know it will get better eventually. How is everyone else feeling today?
Megalodonbite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote