View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am so sorry that your medical professionals are not giving you any coping tools, I can relate because we have a behavior analyst and have been seeing one since july of last year and he doesn't really know what to tell us to do to help my son's ability to handle those aggressive impulses he gets all the time. It's very frustrating, it makes me want to give up on the behavior intervention because it's just not really helping. You'd think after six months things might have gotten better. While things have gotten better I attribute that to my husband's efforts and those of myself to help our son learn some rules.

They are:
1. no hitting
2. no kicking
3. no biting
4. no scratching
5. no yelling

He can repeat them and I am sure he knows what they mean, he just doesn't always remember to follow them. I am glad you joined us NowIsAll. I get a lot of comfort from knowing I'm not facing things alone, and that I have friends here and elsewhere who support me through thick and thin like I aim to support them in return. It's a great thing to have message boards to chat on.

Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote