View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
Hello Everyone
I started taking lyrica 10 days ago for small nerve neuropathy. Pins and needles, tingling, stabbing, electric-like feeings and burning pain in my legs, feet, arms, hands and face. I am only on 50mgs a day because of side effects, Jitteriness, lightheaded, spacey feelings and some anxiety and now weight gain!. Im slowly trying to get up to 75 a day and some... I have already gained 4 or 5 lbs. ( Right now its ok because I am thin). My stomache feels bloated and is distended. I am afraid I may be retaining water and am wondern if this could become serious. So far no swelling in my hands or feet, as I know I am on a low dose.
Is anyone else taking lyrica and what dose are you on? How long did it take for your weight gain. Does the weight gain stop after a while or do you keep gaining weight? So far I do not have an increased appetite and still eat the same, but still gained weight in a short time!
Also, I have read on other sites people are reporting hair loss and teeth problems. Has anyone heard or had any of these side effects?? Sorry for all the questions, but I am concerned about the risks of this medication. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated!! Thanks!
I'm just about to give Lyrica a try. I was on Gabapentin for a while and it made all of my joints ache terribly and it also made my mood very dark. I switched to Elavil and after just two weeks I had terrible ringing in my ear, didn't know what I was doing and felt stoned and tired. I quickly stopped. So, my Neurologist is sending a script for Lyrica. I'm not sure I even want to try it. I know Gabapentin was helping my SFN a bit, but none have worked well enough to put up with the terrible side effects. I just started on supplements and I'm exercising again in hopes of taking control of this more naturally. It's extremely frustrating, but a few posts on this message board have given me some hope.

Not sure that helps you much, but just thought I'd chime in since Lyrica is my potential next drug of choice.
Msmull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote