View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Ian thanks for your reply....more info. My brother will be getting his medtronic Stra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian richard View Post

Hi Betty The new osv11 was brilliant for approx 11 months but they only changed the valve itself on initial revision, unfortunately the valve stopped working again so I went in to the same hospital again.I was put under so they could check it all upon waking up I found they had removed the valve & tubing to my abdomen & replaced it all that was nearly 2 years ago & I havent looked back apart from the short term memory problems I was left with after my Medtronic pile of crap caused me. As i have said b4 it was life changing if not life saving to have the Osv11 fitted as it is if only the N.S didnt think they were God & listened to the patient we would all get a better life.You have to go outside your area to get an independent opinion but it is well worth it if I had my way they should BAN Medtronic Stata Valves they are 2 troublesome.Keep in contact if I can help let me know Ian
4-18-2013 Ian, Thanks. My brother in Little Rock Ark will be getting his Medtronic Strata valve replaced with an Integra for NPH on 4-22-2013. The Medtronic people really give people the run around to say the least. My sister in LR Ark has an Integra as well. I'm sending this link to both my brother and sister for their info. Again, thanks for getting back to me. You might be interested in this link: This group would not allow my to give you the link. Sorry.
Betty Kelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote