View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistiC View Post
I've had numbness, tingling, swelling and pain in my lower extremities for the past month. For the past couple of years, I have felt pulse in my neck when I look down causing me to be dizzy (didn't really think anything of that). My neurologist ordered an MRI and 4 spinal cord lesions were identified and one possible (but not likely) brain lesion. Due to this as well as my mother having MS, my doctor feels that it is likely that I have MS. He has now ordered a lumbar punture.

I remember having to take my mom to hers 10 years ago. She said it was completely excrutiating. Have there been any medical advances to make this more bearable? What should I expect during and after?

Thanks for everything.

~M~
I had one done in '11. The doctor numbed the area first. I recall it felt weird, feeling him drain the fluid that they tested for lesions with. And after, once home, I took a long nap. Felt a little nauseous.
After realizing this doctor was the same doctor who administered the epidural for my first born and spinal for my third born,(care of his remembering my tattoo ), I felt comfortable and confident that he knew what he was doing sticking a needle in my back. Trusting the doctor, helps.

Good Luck, hope it's not too bad for you.

GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (04-18-2013)