View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

*edit*

I'm S's Aunt's sister, and it's my daughter that she is talking about. The three of us went together to see Dr. Cooney in New Jersey. I'm so grateful that my sister did all that research and found this particular doctor, because the more I learn about it, the more I think that it is HIGHLY operator-dependent because it is relatively new. What we really liked about this doctor was that he, personally, did every treatment. For each 35-minute treatment, he was in the room probably at least 80% of the time, and often more. He would do adjustments on the fly as new sensations came up. Also, he didn't just take a history and leave it at that - he kept looking at all different angles as the treatment went on, and adjusting the position of the electrode pads accordingly. I think it's really critical that the doctor stays in the room with the patient for all the treatment sessions, because they're the nerve expert, and they will notice things that a tech just won't.

Anyway, as my sister said, we had really great results with the treatment. The RSD/CRPS pain is gone, but she is still very fatigued and weak and has muscle/tendon pain from not having walked for 9 months outside of a surgery boot. We've been home for just over a week now, and she is improving daily. This week will be the most that she's been able to attend school all year.

I'm going to keep working on my insurance company to cover this treatment, because then it will become more common and doctors will be able to share with each other more about what works and what doesn't work.

Last edited by Chemar; 04-20-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: quoted post was removed
"Thanks for this!" says:
rachel's daugther (04-21-2013), reluctant@thetable (04-19-2013)