View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quick update... so far I've seen 3 neurosurgeons and 2 ENTs regarding potential CSF leak. They are all in agreement that there is none presently, or if there is one, that it is so small that it shouldn't be causing my ear issues.

I feel as if my 'classic' concussion symptoms are largely subsiding. I can read, concentrate, go outside and places with lots of sensory stimulation, and my headaches are very mild. For this, I am very thankful.

However... my ears remain plugged. It is not a 24/7 thing. They flare up and subside. They can go from 0 to 10 in a few seconds. Popping will open them up, but they close back up. Basically they don't go away until they are ready to. I believe they flare during physical activity, talking, eating, etc the most. I am not a stressed or anxious person usually, so I feel like that isn't a contributing factor.

I plan on visiting a chiro in the near future. I doubt if there are UCC's here in China, but there are well respected general chiros in my city that I can visit.

Symptoms: Congested/plugged ears (along with post naasal-drip and drainage down back of throat), increased tinnitus, sound sensitivity, minor imbalance, difficulty concentrating, difficulty reading and focusing on words and moving objects.
CountNomula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote