View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi I am sorry I am late to this thread and am sorry about your pain. When I came to this board 6 years ago I was 28 as well. I was in bed 24/7 crying through pain. I was going through all the dx testing and possible treatments in and out of state. I was dx with PN but RSD as well. Unfortunatly my pain has spread and the treatment I have had and meds have not helped. I took a break from treatments because some made me worse but now am going to start up again. I also before this condition had anxiety and depression issues. Over the years of dealing with this the way I cope has changed. I had psych care because at one point of this condition I had so much happening to my body and so much unknown that I became so fearful and anxious I was not coping at all. Also of course how the pain impacts everything from not being able to work,lack of friends,sleep etc. I had a pain doc once say to me on the good days do the most you can and on the bad days do the best you can. That is what I am trying to do. I know it is easier said then done.
Ok enough about me on to you. I did not see you mention but where is your mom or dad? For myself if possible I try to go to the doctors apt with my mom. I think they take you more seriously with another person. Also for the support. Do you have anyone that could do that with you? Have you looked online for support groups whether it be for pain or even depression?
I am sorry if I missed this but before you started feeling the pain or in your life in general did anything happen like did you fall,injury,any type of abuse such as drugs or drinking? Anything that looking back you may have brushed off?
I wish I could offer more but I hope you feel better and try to take one day at a time.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-28-2013)