View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Today I went to Costco and picked up some additional vitamins to start taking. I picked up Nature's Bounty B-12 (2500 mcg), Nature's Bounty B-100 Complex, and Kirkland D3 (5000 IU).

Currently I take 2 caplets of GNC Mega Men Sport Multi-vitamin/day along with Kirkland Omega 3 Fish Oil 1 Capsule/day. I am planning to add the vitamins I bought today into my regimen until I can afford to get the other vitamins on the list. I wanted to get the B-vitamins and the D3 and it seems those are the most important. I also have some Kirkland Vit C laying around that I'll start taking too.

I have also upped my vegetable intake GREATLY recently. I am eating raw spinach, kale, celery, cauliflower, carrots etc multiple times/day to try to get more vitamins and nutrients into my body.
I was in a snowboarding accident on January 19, 2013. I caught an edge on my snowboard while carving down the mountain without a helmet. I smacked the back of my head hard on the ground. I was not knocked out and it took about a week for symptoms to come into full effect.

Since my accident I have been in a cycle of feeling better and then relapsing. It has happened many times. Although I think the overall trend is slowly traveling up. My symptoms included headaches, anxiety, sensitivity to light and noise, dizziness, fatigue, confusion, trouble concentrating, brain fog, loss of social interest, irritability, and mood swings.

Many symptoms have since resolved and I am left with slight dizziness, sensitivity to large crowds and busy environments, small amounts of anxiety, and brain fog off and on.

I am currently under the care of a neuropsychologist at the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Clinic. I am also undergoing balance/vestibular physical therapy to help with my remaining symptoms.
Tpont21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote