Thread: Occlusions
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Horizontal One Thank you for your response. My nerve damage became very apparent shortly after surgery. I really didnt notice anything while I was still laying flat but the next day when I sat up I got the sensation of my chest not having room to expand kind of like being at the bottom of the pile in a football game but the people wouldnt get off. After about 2 days of severe loss of breath with any kind of movement and I do mean any kind, I couldnt even adjust my body in bed without what seemed like an asthma attack, they sent me for x-rays. It showed the elevated diaphram stuck in place. I later found out that the dr. told my girlfreind that he had taken x-rays before I had awoke from surgery and discovered this problem.I am somewhat irritated that it wasn't mentioned until it was clear I couldn't leave the hospital in that condition.The machine I use is called a bipap, it is supposed to assist inhaling with air pressure which supposedly will stimulate the nerve and help it heal faster. My breathing has improved but i think it is just my body getting used to one lung. There is still no movement in my right lung or diaphram. I havent had a conduction study done but I have a appointment tuesday with a pulmonoligist and a follow-up with the surgeon who operated on the same day. As for the quality of sleep I get, I havent slept all night in probably 4 or 5 years but I do get sleep an hour or two at a time with the bipap. I had surgery on wed. and did not sleep until saturday night when they finally set me up with a bipap in the hospital. Enough of my troubles,I hope you get some more relief from your pain. I did notice with the warmer weather that i dont use the bipap heater obviously, but I do use the humidifier on it. This seems like a wonderful site. It helps alittle just to vent some. Thanks for your time and concern. Take care of yourself and hopefully chat soon. I'm not real good with working around with this computer so p-lease bear with. Bigpede
bigpede is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote