View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Footnotes to cs's societally recognized brilliant words so all can learn much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
There are about five or 7 ladies on this board who have are more literate in the study of PD[1] than I am. It is obvious that they spend hours and hours going through what they can find on the web and have become excellent researchers, ones that our "society should recognize" and give them all due credit as if they had a Ph.D after their names.[2] They are the real "grassroots"; I'm more like a big "grass-stalk", blown over by the wind at that .
Credentials recognized by society eh?. That's always a problem, society is so blind to science that they can barely recognize the words used in its description, let alone "pick a champion". BY this , i mean that there are some pretty big named neurologists on MJF's[3] team as heads of research, who are old and just about as foggy as I am . Money for nothin and your patients for free .
WE'll do what we can of course , Rev, like dextromethorphan[4] and maybe in the future, a systematic search for other opiods with the "phenanthrenyl" structural backbone. [5]But despite all the exuberance to step forward and be guinea pigs for the limited tools we have, we really can't do much.[6]
And we have a group called the PD "pipeline"[7], those who really participate in it regularly bring up useful new information right here on this blogg. And they work pretty hard, once again for little recognition for their hard work.
And public scorning of the FDA will bring the hammers of the DEA down on our heads.[8] So Rev, it's just not that simple. Guys like me can sometimes see whats happening in the bigger picture, and I can speak the noospeak scientalk, but i'm so burned out from a life of having learning by the libraries full, often stuffed down my throat, that the best that I can do is make a good "pate de fois gras" out of PD research; something good to swallow with a glass of wine while reading this blogg, but ending up as so much waste in the morning, . cs
  1. Parkinson's Disease.
  2. For example, Paula and Carolyn. And Peggy.
  3. MJF = Micheal J. Fox (a guy with PD and a lot of friends). Has one of the best websites on the internet at www.michaeljfox.org .
  4. A cough supressant. Why anyone would want to suppress their cough unnecessarily is beyond me (this is Jaye talking in these footnotes, not cs). Personally, I want to have a good, unencumbered cough reflex next time I choke on my soup. Not to mention the inherent lung problems of people with PD. ol' cs explains about dextromethorphan in another thread.
  5. ol' cs may be havin' a chuckle about "me-too" drugs and other subtleties too numerous to mention. At least he made me chuckle.
  6. Except volunteer for clinical trials (drug testing) and other research, if we have the self-discipline to comply with the research protocol (follow the rules).
  7. www.pdpipeline.org which our own pdc founded and directs.
  8. Personally again, I've been wondering who would buy the malthinking insurance for this outfit. And the wine!

Okay, I'm a smart-mouth today. Oops. ol' cs is brilliant enough for both of us.

Jaye

Last edited by Jaye; 05-10-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: emphasis
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote