View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryW View Post
I talked to Dr. Goldberger at the Werth Parkinson Centre in Toronto. She tells me the therapy works well. On the other hand, it requires 3 or 4 days of your time to insert between 100 and 200 implants at $100 each!

I am always willing to experiment with unusual therapies but for that price I would want more evidence of efficacy.
We looked at "permanent ear acupuncture" closely. That's obvious, we were booked to fly. Yet, it was to be a leap of faith as much as anything. Hey, that's part of healing as much as the medicine we swallow, aye? But I digress.

We were drawn to the novel innovation, the hypothesis of Werth's work. Jan has had years of extensive, high end acupuncture in China and here in the U.S. We consulted with experts familiar with Jan's version of Parkinsonism, and got the green light even if none were familiar with Werth's application of the French developments in acupuncture.

The question remains: is the constellation of symptoms defined as Parkinson's/Parkinsonism a system imbalance that is permanent and is of a definitive nature? Would Werth's acupuncture facilitate a lasting system reset? In our quest for Jan's well-being, we observe that some degree of healing is possible with the right support conditions. Has Werth's approach to supporting the body proven able to dominate other system disorders?

Maybe someone with present tense knowledge of Werth's treatments can weigh in here.
TrishaPDX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (04-19-2013)