View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh yes! Ditto to that. This is a MAJOR surgery and not something to be taken lightly. Recovery is several months (I had 3 months off work) and requires dedicated physical rehab. But, I just wanted to encourage everyone out there...that some people do have successful TOS surgeries (myself being one of them), and Jo is right...most people who have successful surgeries probably don't post on here, so people never get to hear the success stories!

Having a good doctor who knows a lot about TOS is the best thing you can do for yourself. I saw several who just didn't know what to do with me (I had a blood clot as a result of my TOS) before I found Dr. Freischlag. Which, coincidentally, I discovered her as a recommendation by someone on the old BT forum (I used to post there from time to time). So again - she is HIGHLY recommended. Also note - I know that she'd doesn't rush to operate on everyone...she'll only do it if she really thinks you're a good candidate. So...if she said you're a good candidate...I would take her word for it!

A random side note... yesterday I had my three year post op check up with her, and there were several interns and med students (at Johns Hopkins) that observed my ultrasound and were in the room while I met with Dr. Freischlag, and I found that very encouraging... doctors in training who are learning about TOS!
beckyb810 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote