View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I thought this was true of suboxone which contains naloxone. in any case i hope it piques your curiosity a bit. im so anti bupe for pain control its crazy. why? because i was on it and KNOW. once you get on you do not get off. be prepared. you should also consider getting a medic alert bracelet because emt's and docs need to know you are on that in case you ever get seriously injured. you will require MUCH MUCH higher doeses of pain killers to achieve relief. as i said, i was only on it in a small sdose for a month. ive been off a year but still maintain an incredibly high tolerance to opiates due to the bupe. if you need this type of medication bupe will ruin it for you. docs like it because although you will withdrawl, you lose the desire to use other drugs to get high while on it ensureing he doesnt get sued for an overdose. RESEARCH!!!!!

"The basic issue with analgesia in the buprenorphine-maintained patient is that while buprenorphine has analgesic properties, it is a partial agonist. This means that not only will it block the cravings associated with opioid dependence, but because of the high affinity of buprenorphine for opioid receptors it may also block the analgesic effect of other opioids."

"In a situation requiring additional opioid analgesia, the dose of the full opioid agonist required may be greater than usual. It is known that, depending on the effect measured, using higher doses of a full agonist opioid may overcome the blockade caused by buprenorphine."
tennesseefred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote