View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Frustrating, isn't it?!!

I get where you are, because I was there. I've gotten significantly better, so take heart, you can get well! If you have some time and want to be uplifted, read the hope and healing thread at the top of forum page. Part of my story is in there, but I plan on reposting once I'm totally better.

I am still trying to get back to writing, as I am a writer, and I have written one children story and one poem recently, so I'm thrilled about that. My cognitive problems are over, but I still have some emotional problem to address, as well as problems with my eyes that make reading and writing difficult at times. Have you been to see a neuro ophthalmologist? Knowing what I know now, that should've been one of the first things I did. It certainly couldn't hurt for you to do that. A regular ophthalmologist will not be able to diagnose any PCS related Vision issues.

If you share more of your story, I'm sure we can offer more help and support. Good luck to you!
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (04-20-2013)