Thread: no news
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Daniella:

If it weren't for support groups (either going in person, or finding message boards on the internet), I would have lost my mind a long time ago.

I went to an aspergers support group in NYC. There I was surrounded by 50 men with Aspergers. I was never so fascinated by anything in my life.
Many of them were like the guy on Boston Legal (he plays Jerry Espenson, HANDS to his friends). There were so many like that guy I can't tell you.

There were quite a few like my son, who look normal, act normal, but can't face the anxieties that life throws at you.

And because my son is a compulsive gambler, I joined Gamanon. Learned much from these people.

Also, I go on Dental Message boards. That's how I found my phobia dentist.

I wouldn't have found Dr. Theirl, Alan's chiropractic/neurologist, if it werent for the message boards at the Original Brain Talks.

And presently, I have my own forum for Parents of Young Adults with ASpergers.

THERE ARE SUPPORT GROUPS FOR EVERYTHING. The best thing in the world is being in contact with people who are going through what you are going through. Otherwise, we'd all be sitting at home alone, not sharing information, not sharing support, NOT LEARNING ANYTHING!!!!

I believe 100% in support groups.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote