View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
Welcome to NT

You are not alone in your confusion. It's just a very real part of this diagnosis.

For me, I did not find a good doc for four years. Rear ended by an ambulance while stopped at a red light in 2000.

Ive tried the gambit of many things. 7 1/2 years of PT. many injections. Lots of meds. Keniso taping.

LED/infra red light therapy pads helped me a lot. Would share more info if you want to know.

Now, I'm functional. Very little problems. I was rear ended again, stopped at a red light. Hit and run, Dec 2011. Had some problems again but getting that under control...

It's been hard. I feel so sorry for anyone diagnosed with TOS and related conditions. So individualized... Yet so familiar...

Know that it will take time to get over no matter what you decide to do, and if that is helpful. Lots of trial and error.

Definitely stop doing things that irritate the symptoms. Easier said than done, but I know, by experience, I caused myself a lot of pain by not complying with my body's signals.

Word to the wise... Listen to your body.

Only let TOS EXPERIENCED HEALERS HELP...

Knowledge is empowering.

Palms up... That was a relief when someone here enlightened me about that technique.

While laying on my back, it helped to turn my palms up....

Sometimes it's the little things that get you through the moment.

Praying for you both...
7 1/2 years of therapy is a long time. Did you improve a little bit each year? I'm starting on year number four, of therapy myself(mostly joint mobility and myofascial release), and I seem to get a little bit better each year, but there's been a lot of twists and turns along the way. This is definitely not a quick fix.

My Easy Cooking Channel
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-20-2013)