View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default fistula?

Hi guys,

I came across your thread on the internet after trying to research what could be going on in my mouth. After reading various posts I am convinced I have a fistula and am a little comforted by the fact that there is an answer to what I am going through and it's not mouth cancer. Okay, here is my situation: I had a root canal done on what I think is called tooth 32. I also had the tooth capped this was in November 2012. Around Christmas I started experiencing pain in the tooth. I went to the dentist in january. He xrayed and said he couldn't see anything odd but put me on a course of antibiotics saying if the tooth responded it was likely to be bacterial and he could open the crown and clean the tooth. I didn't like the sound of that so kinda ignored the problem. Now, the fistula has grown and I need to do something about it. I am on a course of antibiotics and will be returning to the dentist on Tuesday. Please advise me what I should do? From your posts it seems that the best option is to extract? I appreciate your help.
malawi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote