Thread: Gaba
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Blue,

As for the symptoms coming back.... I don't really know if I wasn't fully healed after the 1st week off after the accident -- I know I felt better, but wasn't 100 percent. I had some partial days at work and that was hard, but OK. I know I felt great after my first full day of work and then we had a good weekend. Then my husband had some stomach flu, and I got sick too -- and whamo, I got that horrible dizziness, fatigue, color and light sensitivity and it was just not good.

The vestibular therapy I am in is like this right now. I have to look from one target to the next, like an X card then a Y card. And do this just with my eyes, and this week I have added in standing on one foot for as long as I can while I look from X to Y. ( I go for 3-4 mintues and switch my feet for standing on 1 foot)

This week, I also bounce up and down on a big exercise ball and look up at the ceiling for like 3 minutes, then down at the floor -- while bouncing gently on this ball -- 3 minutes.

The goal for this week is to work it up to 30-45 mintues a day with various exercises like this and I can use walking too --I walk and look up for 5 count. Walk straight and look down for 5 counts. Look to the side -- and keep walking.

These are the things helping me

I do have tinitis in my ears though and thhere is nothing that helps it and I notice my typing is worse as I get tired.

I hope this helps you!

Poetrymom

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon22217 (04-21-2013)