View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Angelina! Sorry you are having to deal with this. There are LOTS of success stories on NT. Hopefully some of those folks will chime in soon. I had two spinal cord stimulators (cervical & thoracic) implanted June 2011. That following November, I had a revision on the thoracic stim. Because the leads migrated, they had to change them out for paddle leads. They are much more "secure". I do not regret getting the SCS's implanted. Yes, I have had a few issues, but they have helped me greatly. I regained the use of my hands, am able to move my left arm more than I could prior to the implants and they helped with desensitizing the areas they cover. I am not pain-free, but they cut the pain down quite a bit.

If I were you, I would ask your doctor how many he has implanted. You definitely want someone experienced and someone you are comfortable with. Talk to him about implanting paddle leads. Also, talk to the rep. I have St Jude stimulators and the rep called me prior to the trial and implant and explained everything to me in great detail...it was a very helpful conversation! The good thing is that you can have a trial prior to the permanent implant. The trial will give you a pretty good idea of how it will feel and if it will help.

Do your research so you can be comfortable with whatever decision you make. I did my research before I could be comfortable with my choice...that is actually when I joined NT.

All the best,
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Angelina55 (04-21-2013), Rrae (04-21-2013), tkayewade (04-21-2013)