View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default need to vent.... i think this is the last straw...

Hi everyone.

I have posted here once before, just to check in, when I first found this website. I wanted to thank everyone because before I found it, I was feeling lost and crazy. I read this forum all the time, being the only place i feel a little normal.
So I guess I dont know where else to go with this...

I was diagnosed 3 years ago, CRPS in my right foot. I am 30 years old.

Three years ago, I made a appt with dr schwartzmen (the rsd guru). I actually use some of the papers he has written, as a way to explain my condition to family and even to doctors who dont know anything.

when i made the appt, I was told he has a 3.5 yr waiting list. SO I WENT ON. MAde an appt for jan 2014.

Three years later, I am pretty much hopeless. I cant work, cant do anything... the pain just doesn't stop... i think you all know the drill.

SO yesterday i get a letter- DR ScHWARTZMEN is retiring this June so i will have to see his other doctor when i go in january. Sure, he trained this guy, but still... I understand everyone has their own life, and that he is older in age and tired, but if he has worked for 40 years with RSD patients, and he knows he has a current waiting list of 4 years.... a few months notice seems harsh. I am being selfish, i know... just hard.

So I cannot help but feel lost. I am seething with anger and disappointment, but there is not a dam thing i can do.
So now i feel like.. despite my best efforts.... hopelessness is creeping in there. Had to get this off my chest.

Thanks for listening
Ruthie
mcfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote