View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion symptoms without the headaches?

Hello everybody,

For about two weeks now I have not suffered from any headaches with the exception of one day (within those two weeks). Prior to these two weeks I have had headaches much more often. Yet I still have foggy thinking (spaced out feeling), dizziness, trouble concentrating, some anxiety, and sensitivity to light pretty much everyday. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced concussion symptoms without the headaches? Does this mark a significant step in the recovery process?

I believe much of my headaches in the past can be attributed to exercise. It was about two weeks ago that I decided to stop doing anything physical except for walking/light yoga.

Any insights? I know headaches are one of the main concussion symptoms and for me not to have them for two weeks but still have other symptoms just has me wondering what the heck is going on.
I was in a snowboarding accident on January 19, 2013. I caught an edge on my snowboard while carving down the mountain without a helmet. I smacked the back of my head hard on the ground. I was not knocked out and it took about a week for symptoms to come into full effect.

Since my accident I have been in a cycle of feeling better and then relapsing. It has happened many times. Although I think the overall trend is slowly traveling up. My symptoms included headaches, anxiety, sensitivity to light and noise, dizziness, fatigue, confusion, trouble concentrating, brain fog, loss of social interest, irritability, and mood swings.

Many symptoms have since resolved and I am left with slight dizziness, sensitivity to large crowds and busy environments, small amounts of anxiety, and brain fog off and on.

I am currently under the care of a neuropsychologist at the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Clinic. I am also undergoing balance/vestibular physical therapy to help with my remaining symptoms.
Tpont21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote