View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, thank you all so much. To answer your questions:

Susanne, no genetic testing (though my sister has PN). The blood tests they're doing are Antinuclear Antibodies, B12 and Folate, RPR, Throxine (T4), Triiodothyronine (T3), T3 Uptake, TSH, 3rd generation, and other testing: 042580, 001453, 225920. (I have no ideas what these tests are, but he did say he would do thyroid tests, so some of them are probably for thyroid.)

Echoes, I've had it for seven years, but diagnosed six years ago. The first year was horrid. I couldn't walk any longer than 5 to 10 minutes before I was in severe pain. I went to neuro after neuro after neuro. I finally ended up with Dr. Hopkins at Emory. He diagnosed small fiber, but apparently that's not what it is.

Koi13, the symptoms were horrible pain in feet, and worse when trying to walk. Also, shooting electric-type pains.

Raglet, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (in remission right now). I can still walk relatively well, have trouble with dizziness (not sure if it's from the feet or not). Sometimes, I have vibration, while in bed for night, from my feet all the way up to my head. Is this common?

Glenn Taj and Echoes, thank you so much for the explanations and the links. I'll be checking them out soon. Do any of you have an idea what the prognosis is, if they can't find a cause? I am a very young 68, still working from home.

Oh yes, I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I have advanced deg. disc disease, cervical and lumbar too.
inspirations is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote