View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree, you should wait for your symptoms to go before considering the gym. I used to get really ill just doing light exercise, and I can now walk 3 miles with minimal impact at the 5 month point.

However I went to the gym last Thursday and did 45 minutes in the gym, and I think jogging on the treadmill for 15 minutes was the big mistake - too much too soon. Since this I have been fatigued right through to Sunday afternoon. I also had a low level headache which didn't go away until Sunday either. My conclusion is that I will wait until I have two good weeks without symptoms before trying this again, and will just stick to walking or swimming for now.

Its very frustrating because I used to go 3 or 4 times a week, but at the moment it just isn't worth it.
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote