Thread: ill forever
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ill forever

Hello follks,
May I first comment on all of you....your home here looks lovely, perhaps you'll all me to rest here for a moment or two?
My Story is long and sordid, and I am 1/2 an EMG away from a full blown CRPS dx. But I jump ahead (sure get you all excited with promises of hearing about me being stuck with needles, lol)

I've been sick since 1998 when I came down with what I thought was the flu, but it lasted for 3 months, and I was in bed the hole time. thought I was going to die for a while there, but i pulled through, and have been sick ever since.
I am officially dx'd with fibromylagia, arthritis, various mental health issues like OCD and deep depression.
What it to comes to is that I am in pain 24/7......I really don't know how much more I can stand.

ATM I have just finished detoxing from my hydrodcodine because my rehumatologist totally screwed up my prescription and I ended up already a week without by the time her nurse finally called me back. long story short, she wanted me to go to my local pain clinic instead, and when I hesitated she pulled me in for a pee test.
Unfortunately, during that week of cold turkey I had to do some self-medicating (either that or walk in front of a train...IF the extreme pain allowed me to walk.)

So, the good thing is that I have started seeing a local pain clinic, I's started some EMG's my pain nurse wants, and all I know is that there were 3 or 4 really bad nerves out of 5 she did...will do the rest next month. but I have to wait till the 6th for my appt AND pass a pee test before they will help with medications....
that is way too many pain filled hours between now and then...my average has been a 12 14 pain level (out of 10) since she pulled my pain meds, and I have an autistic teenager that depends on me so I just can't wander off a long pier somewhere.......
Any suggestions on OTC's? I'm in NY or treatments?
makethepaingoaway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-22-2013)