Thread: ill forever
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
I wish I knew what to tell you. Any OTC things that would really HELP you, would have to be taken by the handful to do any good -- and they'd be too dangerous!!! They'd eat your stomach, cause you to bleed, or damage your liver! So take your pick. Tylenol (liver) Advil (stomach) Ibuprofen (stomach) Aspirin (bleeding) Naproxen (stomach/liver too I think )
Yeah that's the problem. And the hardest part is that relief is only a pill or two away...yet I can't take anything for fear it will show up in my test in 2 weeks. Not only will they do a pee test, but here they do pill counts and depending on the doc you have 4 hours to get in there with all your meds to account for.
It's terrible here in NY. And it's not like I am some young kid looking for a good time....I've all the MRI's, Ct's, xrays, and what ever to prove that I have enought pain for 20 people.
And of course I must seem especially neferious since I am a, or were till I got ill, elementary teacher......and artist. SIGH

So what type of person has to go through this? anyone they want....it has gotten so bad that my PC came out one day and said "sure wish I have a recorder" that she would never prescribe narcotics no matter what...her licence meant too much to her.
And before you think she's really bad, I gotta say this. The doc that pulled my hydro after 12 YEARS (of being prescribed by HERSELF PERSONALLY) is one of the head docs at UVM university of Vermont Medical school dept of Rehumotology!!!!!!!!! She is a TEACHER.....my God what will this world come to? Is this what what they are teaching the next crop of docs.

I have so little hope for the future because of all of this. I do not know how many more years I can go on begging every few months for meds I NEED so I can take care of my son.....it's just me and him, so it doesn't matter how bad I feel....I've got to BE Just to exist! this would all be so much easier to end if I didn't have my son to care for.
makethepaingoaway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-22-2013)