View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRN View Post
Leesa, i was reading your post about surgeons not wanting to operate after another surgeon. I was wondering why you thought that was? I had two lumbar surgeries last year and now i need a third. I saught out an opinion from a different surgeon and she told me she would not do surgery on me. i have a reherniation and Im a RN. She suggested a pain management Dr. for "drug therapy". I feel with the work I do it would be a huge risk to me to work with a herniated disc and I dont want to become dependent on narcotics. I am a single mom and I have to be able to care for my children. There is also a family history of opiod dependence.
Rachel the conclusion as to why drs dont prefer to touch another drs patient is bc each dr is different and there technique and what they may have done doesnt necessarily coincide with what the other dr. did....It's not impossible to change to a different dr. its just a lil more difficult.....im sure leesa can fill you in more as well.....this is merely what i have come to find as i work in the medical field as well!
fireman9915 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RachelRN (04-22-2013)