View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yikes. I don't get upper airway problems, thankfully. When I have breathing difficulties, e.g. after standing up, it's the lower airways.

I'm also noticing more problems with the parts of my body which are resting against the mattress developing a mild burning sensation. Feet and buttocks, mainly. I've had this occasionally for years, I'm just noticing that it's happening more at the moment.

Apart from getting hold of those old nutrient test results, any idea what I should be asking the doctor to check? As I said, the dermatology trip in August wasnm't particularly productive. I was pretty ill at the time, I collapsed in the hospital (and a few times over the next few weeks), then a week later my then-partner left me, so that kept me too busy to follow up the dermatology thing. I remember the dermatologist saying vaguely that lots of things can cause itching, running some blood tests, and then writing to me to conclude that it must be caused by the codeine (which I wasn't actually taking!). The itching is burning/stinging when it's bad.

I'm looking up causes of itchy skin at night and there's some scary stuff in there. I doubt it's menopause, I'm 35 and my mother didn't go through menopause till her 50s. I don't t think I have dry skin or anything biting me. I wonder when my thyroid was last checked - I've been really cold (multiple layers of clothing, lots of quilts on the bed, often the electric heated blanket too) for a while now, pretty much the last year. My cousin had non-Hodgkins lymphoma when she was 19, though she's fine now. Other info - I'm white British, Ashkenazi Jewish family. I'm already very careful with toiletries and the like and use very simple, unfragranced ones, wear cotton and so forth. The skin looks normal.
Batik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote