View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRN View Post
I am living proof of the problems that scar tissue can cause. The pain and burning is unreal that I have. As a surgical RN i have seen scar tissue and adhesion up close. That tissue is so tough, much tougher than a disc fragment. So it should not be hard to believe that scar tissue binding the nerve root would cause significant pain. Ive had two surgeried in the past year on my lumbar spine. I have chronic pain. I just had an appointment with a neurosurgeon at cleveland clinic and she informed me that I have much more scar tissue than the norm. Then I ask all of you, what is the norm? The text book version of what each of our bodies should be. I think all health care professionals can agree that each individual and each case is unique. To say that scar tissue can NOT cause problems is unreasonable. We all need to keep an open mind to all possibilities so that our input can be of help to each other.
RachelRN

I agree.....my nerve pain definitely has been caused by scar tissue and it makes me angry when you are told that what you are experiencing is just shrugged off as being not real.
Mine was caused by initial surgery for TOS that resulted in complications that required not only one re-exploration but two for chyle lymph leaks that would not resolve on their own. So, 3 surgeries within the same surgical incision really "messed" with all of the nerves.
It is difficult to have others understand what you are experiencing when there is no "visual" signs on the outside but it is so real!

It is important for everyones input ....it can lead to some answers that could be of great help.
What information were you able to get from your appointment with the Neurosurgeon?

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote